Posing for photo as flying ants swarmed
Testing sir camalot as a new feature of the Mauritius
Driving over to Penyghent and starting the walking the clouds were starting to brew and eventually arriving at the bottom of the crag it was pretty cold and pretty windy. Somebody was on the route and abbing for the gear - the first time I've ever seen somebody there. We were keen to get on it so Jim led up Gladiator as it started to rain and took the guys gear out. I was getting pretty cold at this point Jamie's down was soaking wet but he had red pencil to lead. He led this and i followed having to climb up to the roof of Gladiator to take the gear out, I was absolutely soaked - i didn't even take my chalk bag it was so wet. Ropes getting caught under the roof of gladiator I eventually made my way to the top of the route and we promptly legged it back to the car. It was way to late for Crookrise and couldn't even go to Jenny's engagement do as it was late and food and warmth were needed. A diversion to Earl crag to look for missing gear we arrived back late for a roast chicken dinner. mmmm.
Good conditions - packing for home



No comments:
Post a Comment