| Sheep getting more sends than us. |
Love is in the air so me and Johnny took advantage of a break in the rain and headed out to Almscliff just to get some exercise really as it was so long since i had been out. I had no particular aims so we warmed up on some juggy problems on the boulder between Morrell's wall and westcave group, climbed the nose problem with feet on block and then Morrell's wall. I tried the traverse into Morrell's wall but struggled with the move into the corner, supposed to be 7a+ but prob not if you use a sneeky green hold.. will try it again next time.
Feeling cold we went looking for some shelter from the wind so ended up around Black wall area, the cows had clearly had a party so we had a go at the artete which i had tried since starting on yorkshire grit about 11 years ago. I had always tried to climb it on the left hand side but had some inspiration and tried it on the right. at V3. the left hand approach is V6 which explains a lot. I added a title and some music to a video and also tried Vimeo for first time, please don't mock video but i will try and use vimeo from now on.
Untitled from matthew kilner on Vimeo.
| Johnny below mighty arete problem |
No comments:
Post a Comment