A beautiful morning meant the need to get out. I picked Huw up a bit later than planned and headed out to indulge in the long walk up to Simon's Seat. We carried onto Lord's Seat as we wanted to get involved in some of the newer problems in the recent bouldering guide.
Last time i was at Lord's seat i came to climb 3* routes and was very impressed with the quality and so i felt i wouldn't be let down today. We warmed up on the pocket wall area with a couple of great problems involving funnily enough pockets. Great problems!
We then went over to look at Mc Nab and the 7a next to it. Which i spent quite a while on with no success but got closeish. Huw succeeded on both problems and feeling I wasn't getting any further for now we decided to head over to have a look at the Hen stones.
After a little cross-country we arrived and i have to say i was very impressed total esoterica but my god 4* esoterica. Superb stuff. amazing clean aretes with good landings. there were 7a's and 7b's galore. I failed to actually climb anything but 2 of the 7b's didn't feel a million miles off so maybe i'll return soon as these felt pretty steady!
I really enjoyed my visit up to Barden Fell. I've been meaning to do this for a while and perhaps when feeling a little bit more focused i'll return for some 7b action .
PHOTOS TO FOLLOW
Sunday, 19 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment