I took the plunge and headed out, realising it would be a few weeks before I make it out again due to prior engagements and because i was going a bit insane from spending so much time indoors ill. I'm still not sure I'm fully recovered from my week of random illness but felt much better than i did on Friday.
Huw was quite keen to go and check some of the stuff that I had posted on my blog whilst ill last weekend and so we headed to the Pommel area at Brimham to check out a few problems.
I warmed up traversing a break with no hands which i don't think is a very good warm up and then did a grade 5 between breaks. which was satisfying if a bit easy.
I then decided to try and repeat Pommel, I couldn't remember all the beta but after a few goes, remembered the leg bar and when I'd got Huw to spot I was soon humping/pommeling over the top. i really like that problem! I realised i was still ill though as the exertion left me coughing my guts up for a minute before i could think about descending to terra-firma.
We turned our attentions to a crimpy 7a+ around the corner to the right of the pommel block, it was pretty good I threw for the good hold a few times but realised conditions weren't ideal for catching it decided to save it for a cold day.
Then we had a go at benchmark, a 7b on my list which after experimenting with a foot lock, i managed to match on the crimps through some full crimp action although ripped my fingers apart and so once again put it to one side ready for the cold. However I think it is a real possibility and I'm pretty psyched for it.
Finally we went around to the Anchor, I've been meaning to get on this for along time, last time i looked at it - it was covered in snow. Pulling on, i did all the moves through latching the top of the block but then didn't really know what to do so dropped off and failed on my flash attempt. Realising there was a dis for the left i eventually found my hand in it, fully set up to top out but couldn't for the life of me work out how to approach it. My skin was getting pretty massacred at this point so I had a go at the top out from standing, after 5 goes, i tried putting my left foot in the anchor and easily pressed it out but sadly by this time i was pretty spent and failing on the lower moves. Next time it will go i am sure, would have liked to have got 7a+ in a session but never mind! At least now with a few weeks off my skin might grow back!
Couple of Videos and photos to follow.
Sunday, 6 November 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment