Psyche-meter

Status: 3* needs a kick start especially as now in receipt of proof copies of new guide chapter. Slow start to bouldering season as cold but wet !


Friday, 28 October 2011

Under the weather



It's been half term this week but i didn't get out until Friday due to visitors, DIY and rubbish weather and until about Wednesday I was still aching and had a numb thumb from a trapped nerve. Well it turns out I was coming down with a bug but went out Friday as it was a lovely day. I met Huw at Almscliff and we headed up to DWR for a warm up. I wasn't overly confident as I struggled to even get up the hill. We got on DWR and i made some progress throwing for the final hold but not latching it. Anxious for a tick I turned my attention to the crucifix traverse and to my pleasure managed to flash it. About to give up on DWR for another session, we received some NEW... yes NEW beta for the problem, I was amazed I couldn't believe there was any more refining to be done but Huw managed to repeat with the new beta and we got a video for posterity, I tried also and have to say it misses a move out so can't be a bad thing.

We headed down to underhand as I wanted the beta from Huw for the heel toe, I realised very quickly that I didn't have the strength to hold myself on for the move before the heel. Wasn't sure if it was because i was ill but Underhand has slipped in my list of must do's.

I then convinced Huw to have a look at the traverse I have been trying on the side of the slab below wall of horrors,I don't think Huw liked the height dependent nature of the reach, which is probably exactly why i like it. I managed the top out from standing and so now think its just a matter of time before i managed to link the problem.
I headed home and started to feel worst and worst, Andy came around as I was sat in my down jacket with heating on full, I decided to head to bed not even the strength to write my blog.

No comments: