Psyche-meter

Status: 3* needs a kick start especially as now in receipt of proof copies of new guide chapter. Slow start to bouldering season as cold but wet !


Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Three Stars to gritstone heaven.

Whilst waiting in watching climbing films as the postman did deliver parcels but the gas man failed to show despite making an appointment 2 months ago. I decided to think about the week and what i should do. Its half term so I'm off but as usual there is nobody about to climb with so I am going to try and make some progress on the grit list and tick some of the stuff i can feasibly solo.
On the list I have a few routes which i have previously seconded and one route "Pella" at Brown beck which gets 3* but is not in the graded list at the back so may be possible to miss out - but i suspect i will visit.

I have split the list into areas to help me plan my trip - the problem is a lot of these require a rope and some require a rope and luck/ perseverance and a walk in!

Barden Moor/ Simon's Seat area

Rylstone
President's slab (Diff) as i had only previously recorded a 2nd.
Monument Crack 2nd'd only


Crookrise
Long climb (MVS) as i have only seconded.
Hovis 

Lord's Seat
Mantel Fantastic

Pure Gold
Solitaire

Earl's Seat
Jams to the Slaughter

Halifax area
Horsehold Scout 
Greensleeves (Severe)

Widdop
Artificial Route

Skipton area
Earl's Crag
Earl crack VS

Hawkcliffe
Squirrel Crack


Pateley Bridge Area
Ash Head
Thunder Crack

Guisecliff
North wall eliminateComet Wall

Eavestone
Wedgwood

Brimham
Minions Way as only previously seconded
Frensis Direct (as previously failed on)

Local - I hope to finish on this

Almscliff
NW girdle

Outliers
Pella at Brown Beck


First hit provided not windy has to be Lord's Seat which i may follow up with a 'look' at Jams to the slaughter although the stories i've heard make me think this is no solo.
From their if motivation persists over at Barden Moor and I reckon Hovis is soloable if i can just do the moves at the start followed by Presidents which realistically requires a rope.

Another day and Ash-head and another look around Sypeland. Wedgewood at Eavestone if I'm feeling confident

Then a trip over to Halifax and Artificial route at Widdop and maybe try the problem fight on black mentioned on huw's blog which looks quite good and Greensleeves for some esoterica.

That's a very ambitious solo list and  if i can solo half of them i'll be happy! Not holding breath though although BBC has sun forecast all week :o)

No comments: