Psyche-meter

Status: 3* needs a kick start especially as now in receipt of proof copies of new guide chapter. Slow start to bouldering season as cold but wet !


Thursday, 19 May 2011

Taking my mind of things at Ogden.

I had an interview today over in Bradford, it went ok, but i had decided to keep my mind of the agonising wait for a yay or a nay that comes with teaching interviews i'd head up to Ogden Clough to mop up any remaining routes. I last visited in 2004 and judging by my log-book i wasn't really on amazing form. I haven't been bouldering let alone soloing except for a trip to the Depot since i fell off at Caley about a month ago so it was good to get out and my foot felt fine.

I climbed about 15 routes from Diff to E1 in the hour and a half that i stayed. I started to get tired at the end so decided to sack it before i hurt myself. I didn't get on all the great looking E2's because I only had one mat and i really wanted a spotter or a rope on some especially Joe cool the 3* E2. The highlight was probably Jitterbug or First impression or maybe petite etoile HVS's with a  * a piece the later said it had an awkward start but when i worked out what to do, a high right toe in a slot it felt great. Central wall a no * E1 required blinkers but had some great holds and lovely reachy moves.. awesome!

I really liked Ogden Clough lots of slot to slot, break to break or  crozzzley edges. I must come back before 2020 to finish off the crag and the big E2's!

 I decided to walk back to the car and after about 5 minutes i got a call and another rejection, but on the bright-side at least i got out climbing and didn't wait moping at home. I think maybe a couple of beers are called for to commiserate myself and then back to reality.

No comments: