Psyche-meter

Status: 3* needs a kick start especially as now in receipt of proof copies of new guide chapter. Slow start to bouldering season as cold but wet !


Sunday, 29 July 2012

Visiting the red rose!

I headed over to Lancashire with Andy in search of new gems having completed the 3* adventures. We headed first to Anglezarke, parking in a random woods and then bushwacking down into the base of the swamp like quarry i was a bit concerned about the midge content especially when we realised it was quite still.

In Yorkshire it rained - in Lancashire the sun was out for a bit anyway.
But no it was ok but very wet to move around. I led 2 routes a VS called metamorphosis which was 3* and excellent. i also manned up and got on an E1 called First Finale on the advice and assurance that its 'soft' from Andy.. true enough it was quite soft. My favourite type of E1. Andy led a much harder HVS called Tera Cotta which certainly had a few moves that made you think. An excellent crag! We walked over to the golden tower the much lorded E2 - it looked impressive, I can't remember why we didn't get on it. i think it rained but we headed to Wilton to see what all the lancashire fuss was about.

Wilton is impressive really massive with loads to go at, I led Cameo a sort of VS technical but poorly protected shuffle, very reminiscent of Lakes wall climbing. i liked it a lot! topping out on the big fin was quite cool. Andy led 2 excellent routes, the first central route and the second pretty desperate called Paradox. E2 and tough. After that Andy pointed out a bold E3 or 4 route called Cheat which sounds like a head problem. maybe another day!

I really enjoyed Lancashire rock and would like to explore some more for sure!

No comments: