After a ropey couple of months, some poor weather and a fun but a bit disappointing climbing wise trip to Font. I've made the decision to sort my climbing out and get back on form. After all the false promises of pull ups, sit ups, finger-boarding which to be frank are boring and so never materialised, except for 2 leg raises as my core training prior to font I've done something about it.
Getting burnt off is never fun, It got a bit depressing when everybody was getting problems really quickly yet I was having to siege them. I eventually had a breakthrough on some problem the name escapes me at the moment but i'll put some pics up soon.. And on the final day i managed to do lapin ou canard on the third session and on the way to drop ali to the airport. It was at this point and thanks to this climb i might add that I came home positive and with some optimism that i might regain some strength - as a result I have started going to the wall.
I'm only on session 3 but i already feel stronger. My core strength this evening was way more than a week ago, I'm enjoying doing the circuits and am finding I can flash a lot on the V3-V5 circuit which is promising. I'm going to work my way through some of these circuits over the next few weeks and then get stuck into working something a bit harder. I know i should be getting out but i get a better work out at the wall and I reckon this could be the key. Either way I have a year pass so watch this space. The main thing i'm finding is although i feel i can struggle to find time to go - even going for an intense hour is better than not going and above all i'm really enjoying it.
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice one dude...I'm working on a bouldering vid for this area to tempt you boys over!
Post a Comment