| The Dancing Bear |
I met Huw at Norwood and then headed over to Brimham, starting on the arete of Heart shaped slab. Huw had been on it once since our last visit. We warmed up on the classic mantle up the front of the slab before getting to work on the arete. First go i had a throw for the jug but then couldn't reproduce my effort for the entire session, Huw had a few goes and managed on about 3 occasions to snatch defeat when it looked like he was on the slab. Final push and some new foot beta and Huw had it in the bag. We then wet over to the Anchor for round III. I pulled on felt strong but failed to get my foot on, next go i decided to try the beats method and just belly flop the top. The video of this is below:
Suffice to say this wasn't the beast method and i managed to flex my foot onto the anchor - i think warming up was advantageous, pleased to get this as although i love the bottom moves they flow so well, I was starting to find the top infuriating! Next stop was the prow next to Tender homecomings, one of Tom Peckitt's newish problems. It looks amazing but the landing is dicey. I had a little play but didn't feel it was for me - so sat back to absorb the beta at Huw's expense! It was scary as Huw could have fallen off really badly but thankfully didn't. About to sack it off and head for some video beta and more bouldering mats on a later attempt some guys turned up and made the landing about as flat as it can be. We watched to try and get some more beta and Huw had some more attempts but no cigar.
| Huw looking bizarre |
| Bloke with lots of pads on the arete problem. Superb line |
Anyway I got a tick today so pleased as it feels like its been a while since I had a 7 under my belt (even if it is supposedly the easiest in Yorkshire). I also have managed to tick another of the new year list. Get in that's two this year an all time record! Hopefully get out again this week if the weather stays as mint as this!
1 comment:
Why do all non-climbing pictures of me on days climbing make it look like I'm thinking filthy thoughts?!
Post a Comment