Popped up to Almscliff with Huw this afternoon. We warmed up around Demon wall roof area, the usual traverse - had a feel of Demon Wall roof, it felt damp so decided to do my favourite problem up here the low Crucifix traverse (7a) which took a few goes but eventually happened with a change of shoes and to quote Huw "some dodgy foot shenanigans". That in the bag, we headed down to have a look at Patta's arete (7a), It was cold down here but the rock was bone dry and it was cold, I rapidly lost psyche the cold wind blasted it out of me. Huw came close but no cigar. I found a new problem up a roof with jugs - Huw wasn't impressed i think it was a bit futuristic for him. May return to see if it climbs any good.
Headed over to Cherry falls right hand (7b) on the front of the Virgin boulder but my psyche was now very low and after a few feeble attempts and finding more entertainment playing catch with a passing dog - I realised I was no longer enjoying my session so headed home to get ready for the legendary cider and meat event.
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment