Thursday, 22 December 2011
Shipley greenery
Reluctant to head out today as i thought it would be freezing but saw the forecast for tomorrow was terrible so grabbed the opportunity. It was windy so i headed to Shipley Glen hoping for some shelter, i have no problem with cold but the wind is doing my head in a bit. It was a beautiful day, got a great cloud picture at the crag, apparently it forms like that because the cloud can't rise any higher due to another layer or something that a bloke told me.
It'd taken me an hour to get to the crag so was feeling a bit annoyed, but dropping down below the edge it was evident that it was quite nice. I headed for the green traverse - i believe Jim has done it now so really feel i should put some effort into it.
It was largely dry but some moisture sat in the deepest crevice but i left the guide in the car so settled for a work out on this. As usual I couldn't work out what to do in the middle bit but also today couldn't work out the start - great! In order that i felt some satisfaction i worked out the final third and managed that for the video. I really like the finish, so had a go at the start. I decided i need a beta monkey to come and talk me along it but have decided the problem is deserving of the effort. I played around with the start but then a couple of scallys started walking up the hill. I felt pretty vulnerable with my expensive flashy kit ( well maybe not my trousers - see video) so packed up whilst getting ready to defend myself. I ran back to the car having climbed for about an hour and a quarter. i then sat in the car for nearly 2 hours getting home. Oh I love Britain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment