Should check my bag before leaving the house. spot the problem
Arriving and meeting up with Chris and John who bizarely I had met several times at walls over the last few years (small world). Andy put the clips in the 7a+ of Angel Delight which is just left of the Jim Grin. Realising I'd brought 2 left shoes Andy kindly lent me his ( the joys of tidying up.. ends up causing so many problems). I had a go on top rope and made it up to the bottom of the crux section which after a couple of attempts i managed to work out a sequence. Above it was much easier. I was feeling optimistic after the second go after i felt strong and made it further into the crux, the third go even further but on the fourth the power levels drained down and I couldn't manage it. I'd enjoyed it though as it wasn't easy and i got a nice warm but not silly pump. Clip sticks seem a great idea as it saves you getting boxed just getting the clips in. In between attempts myself and Andy also soloed the fine HVS 5a of Friction slab which was interesting with positive holds although a slightly worrying top out (when on solo any how). Psyched for a return if we get conditions as good as today again.
Andy on the slab of Frictions slab HVS 5a
John on the Jim Grin with the line to the left of Angel Delight



No comments:
Post a Comment