Saturday was poor with damp on the ground until about lunchtime which was very dissapointing as i had really wanted to get out for a full day at Brimham - I has to be back early doors for a meal with Jo and her parents at the very fine Arch restaurant so didn't bother getting out. Waking early on Sunday to a glorious day i eventually made it out about 2. I was goign to head to the cliffe to get on a 7a traverse i had been eyeing up but was saved the masses by a text from Jim - I met Jim at Shipley and got to work on the green traverse a frustrating 7a, which is long and very fluffable. I had always laughed off the traverse as rubbsih but decided i'd commit some time to it today - I found sections ok but kept getting shut down by the crux move which despite making progress on during the day I just could not do it. I managed a sneeky way to finish the traverse with a high heel which made it very easy but could not for love nor money physically dot he crux move. Jim said i needed some depot action to get me on form - he's probably right but I can't be bothered with indoors so I'll compromise and try and get out to almscliff during the week instead. Jim continued his siege of the problem and despite basically doing it all, kept managing to fluff easy moves. Maybe next time? We walked up to Shipley Promenade a high 5c traverse but i was absolutely pumped by the time i got to the crux so dropped off as did Jim. We sacked it off and headed home - i fell like i've had a proper work out though so not too upset about no ticks and have made plans for some peak climbing next weekend so watch this space.
Me on Shipley Promenade in the last light just before whimping out and jumping off
No comments:
Post a Comment