Saturday, 22 January 2011
A late afternoon at Caley
Headed to Caley late today arriving about 2:30 as a heavy frost last night seemed to have had an effect in Leeds with the road completely sodden. It still hadn't dried but I had to try or i would feel pretty depressed. Driving down past Our Fathers arete it looked pretty green and I have a fairly good sense about Caley having climbed there quite a lot and driven past it every day for about 2 years on the weay to work (note: when i say every day i mean all but 13 weeks holidays!!!).
I saw some chalk up on the undercut arete right of Great Flake so thought.. maybe. Sadly a tour of the upper boulders everything was saturated, bumped into a very sad looking Huw down by Otley wall so did what any self respecting man could do in this situation. Went for a cup of tea and shortbread and Huw and Nicky's. Oh well atleast i got some fresh air and had a nice chat. Maybe Almscliffe would have been better but there wasn't a breeze and i suspect it was gopping. Tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor dejected boys! Good to see you. Hope you have better luck with the weather tomorrow...
bad luck boys. still, shortbread is my favourite biscuit so not a total disaster
don't tell me you've got a blog too nicky?!
Ha nope no blog for me Ali - not sure I do anything interesting enough!
Post a Comment